The first incarnation of Orange Tree Dental came into being in the early part of the 20th Century. The practice was established by Mr Ostick at 55 Middle Street South and was later purchased by Mr Ernest Duggleby in 1956. He was soon joined by Mr Frank Godsmark, and then Mr Ramsey Smith as a new graduate in 1972. Mr Duggleby retired in 1983 and was replaced by Mr Robert Quarmby. In 1986, Dr Alison Crellin joined the practice when Mr Godsmark retired.
In 1990 the practice moved from number 55 down the street to number 19, when the old premises was demolished and redeveloped as new shops. Before it became a dental practice, number 19 was a private house called Orange Tree House, so the practice was renamed Orange Tree Dental Practice.
2004 saw another major change in the practice when we realised it was no longer possible to continue to provide high standards of care and treatment under the NHS and we made the difficult decision to relinquish our NHS contract. Since then, we have provided high quality treatment on a private basis only, primarily via Denplan payment plans.
Further milestones followed when Dr Ramsey Smith hung up his drill in 2010, followed by Dr Robert Quarmby in 2012. With both now enjoying well deserved retirements it was time for the next generation to take over. Dr Quarmby’s son Tim and his daughter-in-law Rebecca joined Dr Alison Crellin in the partnership in 2010 and in 2012 respectively. They now run one of the largest Denplan practices in East Yorkshire and currently employ a dental associate; a dental therapist; a dental hygienist and 7 members of nursing and reception staff.