Established in the early part of the 20th Century by Mr Ostick at number 56 Middle Street South, the practice was bought by Mr Ernest Duggleby in 1956. He was soon joined by Mr Frank Godsmark, and then Dr Ramsey Smith as a new graduate in 1972. Mr Duggleby retired in 1983 and was replaced by Dr Robert Quarmby. In 1986, Dr Alison Crellin joined the practice when Mr Godsmark retired.
In 1990 the practice moved from number 56 down the street to number 19, when the old premises were demolished and redeveloped as new shops. Before it became a dental practice, number 19 was a private house called Orange Tree House, so the practice was renamed Orange Tree Dental Practice.
2004 saw another major change in the practice when we realised it was no longer possible to continue to provide our high standards of care and treatment under the NHS and we made the difficult decision to relinquish our NHS contract. Since then, we have provided high quality treatment on a private basis only, primarily via Denplan payment plans.
Another milestone as Dr Ramsey Smith hangs up his drill in 2010, and Dr Robert Quarmby in 2012. Dr Quarmby’s son Tim and his daughter-in-law Rebecca joined the partnership in 2010 and 2012 respectively.
Together with Dr Alison Crellin they now work with 1 associate, 1 therapist, 1 hygienist and 8 members of staff.